Monday, March 19, 2018

Upcoming Meeting - Getting It Together

A meeting has been scheduled for April 10th. The creation team will assemble and review where we are and decide where we are going. It's been a couple seasons since we've done this. In the interim, I've been chipping away at my self-assigned drawing challenge - all revisions. Now what needs doing before this meeting convenes is to supply digital files of my new work to Chad (our graphic designer) so he can have his go at constructing the book, as an InDesign file.
This will be a major step towards completing the book. So far, our earlier iterations were done before all the drawings were complete and therefore it was just a taste of what Chad can do with my drawings, or, I put the book together and it lacked any of the design work from Chad – this was the naively designed update shared at the last meeting.
During the last meeting we were contemplating hacking the story and pictures back until we had a shorter more suscinct story. We finally decided against it and I'm excited to be making the needed changes and to see this book come closer to the final vision we've held for so long.



Here is an example of the kind of revisions I'm doing.  
Bottom image is the revision.
This is our hero and his assistant heading off after the mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment