Sunday, July 26, 2020

Beginning Cover Art


I am now thinking about the cover. There is little else for me to do now. I have it in mind to paint the cover image with gouache, a medium which I have very little experience. Gouache was very popular for many years in advertising and illustration and is still used by some in favor of working digitally. It can be used like watercolor and also a little like acrylic but can be reactivated with water.
I am trying to incorporate in this cover illustration art deco elements, which isn't really developed in this thumbnail. Also, I have in mind a cover-less hardback with the design in two or three colors on a periwinkle ground. I may do two illos of the same composition one for the dust cover(more colors and detail) and one for the naked hardback.




Stay tuned for progress on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment